Friday, December 30, 2005

so this is the new year, part 1

Recently, but not so much anymore, I have been bothered by insignificant issues. Whether worrying, over-analyzation, or jealousy causes it, little things have been getting to me and I hate it. It does not help anything one bit. I have been trying to fix it and I have been doing pretty well recently. Here is an example of such an issue; tonight Kaydie went out with her friends, I called her and she was in a movie so she said she would call me as soon as she got out, which she did. Then she said she would call me as soon as she got into her car. I waited eagerly for the phone to ring, like an enraptured boy would, but it did not ring. 30 minutes pass, and I call her but am let down with the sound of the voice mail. 5 minutes later and she is at Dave's house. I know this should not bother me because it is so small, and I trust her a lot, but I just wish she had called. Although, honestly, I cannot expect her to call me when she is with her friends, especially just to tell me where she is going; I am not her dad. I think the main reason this bothered me was the fact that many of the boys there were involved with Katie while she was "with" me. Thanks to Katie, it is exceedingly hard for me to trust anyone, but whenever I compare Kaydie and Katie, I remember that they are very different people and they should not be compared. I know and trust that Kaydie would never do anything to hurt me, and deep down I strongly believe that. Katie just really screwed up my ability to trust, and I am sure she is proud of that, but I am getting over that because wasting time being bothered by small issues is not beneficial to anything in anyway.
Between talking to Nicole and debating what my next topic in this entry my phone rang, it was Kaydie saying she was outside and to come out. Sometimes I really like surprises, and I really liked this one. She always knows how to make things all right...
The year 2005 is winding down fast; New Year's Eve is tomorrow. This year has been a very interesting one, an emotional roller coaster of sorts. I will chronologically break things down for all the readers, also, it will have pictures, and ah, you had better enjoy this.



"A Year In Pictures"


ah, good times with good people. 2005 started off with a bang,
I was going out every weekend with these crazy people having loads of fun.


I took this very nice girl to winter formal.


Florida with these crazy people


Mainly this girl. This is Alisha, I met her in Florida, her and I hung out that whole week.
I had never had so much fun with anyone else. The whole time Raya and Pat were
trying to hook us up, that was awkward. The day before we left to go back to San Diego
she moved to San Diego, and so the quest begins...


A lot of jams at Starbucks, accompanied by many Triple Venti White Chocolate Mochas


if not now when?


Prom, the search for a prom date was a long one, a sad one. Multiple girls rejected me,
including my two "best friends". I ended up going with Ariel, needless to say, prom sucked.


When Brian got dizzy


Kelly Lovejoy played with my heart...


We had many sing-a-longs at the wall


We sat at a taco shop for about 2 hours after high school...


Night before graduation, in search of the figurative "grail"


Making amends with a girl I was never fond of right before walking down to graduate


Graduation...


Long days recording...


Many nights at Krispie Kreme and meeting SeeJay


Brian leaving for college, or as he calls it "collage"


My buddy from middle school moving back down to San Diego


Yachting and waiting in anticipation with Pat...



Disneyland with the boys, sleepy, but fun...


Late nights editing surf movies with Pat, oops...



2nd chance, oops...


Sigur Ros, I cried...


I started college which immediately rained down projects and homework


Tuesday tradition with Bryan and Raya...


Copeland with Kaydie, Joe, and Brooke. Kaydie =)


Kaydie, YAY! w00t! =)


Getting ready to play our first show...


Baking a lot of cakes...


I ended the year with amazing friends


A wonderful girlfriend


and the knowledge that




I will update tomorrow with "A Year In Quotes" or something like that...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would never be proud of something like that.
i know you hate me and all but you know, you know i never did all that just to hurt you.
i know you know that.
and you know im sorry, i've said it a million times.
im glad you are so happy now jeff.
really, you deserve it.
happy new year.

-katie

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, where's the pictures of my visit on here man?? haha.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is raya. seeing those pictures brought tears to my eyes of all the good times...god i miss you, and that time.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home