Thursday, January 26, 2006

forgive me if I slow you down...


I am in a very weird state right now. Kaydie and I broke up on Sunday; but we decided to be best friends still. I am thankful for that because she is such an amazing person. We talk more now then we did during the last few weeks of our relationship, so that is good. On Monday, we talked on the phone a lot, which made me happy even though; she would just hang up on me when her television show came back on. That is ok though, I understand, as long as there is communication. Another night she called me to tell me she was going to bed, that made me the happiest person alive (read previous entry). Just her calling me to tell me that was "enough".

Incidentally, I got an "A" on my first college paper! I am proud of that, especially because it was a hard essay; we had to write about a food. I chose to write about pastries and how they remind me of my friends. Ms. McCurry seemed to think it was "A" work; but I need to work on my semi-colon use. I turned in my second paper today; one of the prompts was to write about a color and everything you associate with that. I chose to write about Dark Blue and all its relations to Kaydie. I might type it up here sometime, but that depends on what Ms. McCurry has to say about it. In class, we had to give ours to the person next to us so they can read it aloud. This was very nerve racking for me, as that was a very personal essay; but she said it was very good.

Also in English, the girl behind me kept asking me a lot of questions. But not like she was flirting with me, she just seemed like she was curious...

She asked if I lied

"I really try not to, I don't really do anything worth lying about"
She asked why I didn't cuss in my paper
"I don't curse"
"But what if you want to yell at someone?"
"I prefer to win an arguement by politness, just don't argue with them"
She says, "You are very prim and proper"
"Well, yea, I like to give off a good, clean, professional vibe, just incase I meet someone that I could be working for; also sweaters keep me warm"
"You live at home with your mom, don't you?"
"Yes, and my father, but they don't pick out my clothes"
"You and your mom are close huh?"
"Not really, she works really hard, we rarely talk"
"Oh, what does she do?"
"She is the manager of car dealership"

I think you guys can guess where it goes from there. I don't know why I felt compelled to tell you that, it just seemed interesting to me.

I am really happy Kaydie and I are still friends, I know I already said that; but it is good to be happy. Her calling me is enough. Although, sometimes I feel like I am bothering her. Sometimes I also wonder if she is as happy when we talk as I am.


Memory feeds imagination.
Amy Tan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home